Monday, October 29, 2007

where has it all gone?!!

sad news today...our motherboard died. i just left the computer repair store...the man tells me..."it doesn't look good. i'll recover what i can." i cannot express to you the panic i am feeling at this moment. i had valuable, precious information on that computer...not to mention pictures...ALL of my pictures that i had yet to print out. i am trying to remain calm...trying to remember that they're just pictures/music/word documents/excel documents. in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. merely an inconvenience...an inconvenience that sucks!!!

a few weeks ago when we first noticed that motherboard was not long for this world, we bought a portable hard drive and we backed up most of our things...but i'll still lose many of the things listed above...including my address book...so, please send me your home addresses and phone numbers.

i am blogging from the public library...and for a semi-germaphobe, it's difficult to know that i'm touching countless runny nose/flu infested/who-knows-what-else fingers. i'll just not think about that right now. i'll just be thankful that i can still be connected to the "world"...my little internet "world". i KNEW years ago that it was a mistake to become dependent on technology.

stupid computers...

3 comments:

D said...

Amy, if it's just the motherboard, you should still be able to get all your info off the hard drive. You can get a cable or even an enclosure for it. Or you can pop it in a new computer. If the hard drive is gone then you may be out of luck. Let me know if I can help.

The Fox Den said...

Hey girl! Recently I've been having day-mares about that very thing! Let me know what they do and I may have hand sanitizer coupons I could send you since you'll probably be going through buckets of it!

Kristen said...

Crap! That is horrible, and I hope it won't end up as bad as you think. But if it does, I don't think I can resend my address and phone number. That's a one-time deal.