Thursday, August 06, 2009

he's never coming out...

last one, mom...then you'll have to come see for yourself...38 weeks.

decided to put the carseat base in the car...wanted to prove to little j that, yes, we are ready for you!!! see??? we are responsible parents who are completely capable of bringing you home safely.
spent an hour on the living room floor trying to figure out how the darn thing works...started crying because i thought i would never get to have a carseat in my house...and here it was...in my house just waiting for a baby...continued to cry because i thought i would never figure out how to change the 5-point harness system when he gets a bit bigger...decided to cross that bridge when forced to...why borrow trouble?



see lucy in the top right corner...peering around the coffee table at yet ANOTHER foreign object that is invading her space??? she's careful to stay away from all things baby...we'll see how long that lasts...

i am convinced that he's never coming out. never. labor...do you see it coming??? or does it just hit...one minute you're just feeling walrus-like and tired...the next you're experiencing gut-ripping pain??? you would think that after waiting for this baby for 3 and 1/2 years i would be a patient person. i. am. not.

5 comments:

The Fox Den said...

I still have a hard time with the five point harness thing after five. Can't wait to see him!!!

Sarah said...

Labor...to quote my OB,
"They don't call it labor for nothing."

Seriously, with Chloe I prayed that the Lord would just let me know...and He did. I remember calling my mom the night before she was born and saying, "I think I am going to go into labor tonight." To which she replied, "are you having contractions?" Me,"ummmm...no, but I think I will tonight."

She packed up, came to our house and at 3 am or so, I woke up with light, regular, contractions...Chloe was born within 24 hrs. (on August 20th...such a GOOD DAY TO BE BORN!)

He will let you know.

Sarah said...

Oh...and little J WILL come out...bet your bottom dollar! :)

Kristen said...

there are some people who have false labor, but I never did. but then my contractions start out 2-3 min apart, so not much guessing. just be patient (I know, you want to hit me now). babies come when they are good and ready. but my advice...don't rush off to the hospital. its your first, and could be a long one (though I hope not). you're better off laboring at home as long as possible! I went too soon w/ Molly, and learned my lesson. can't believe baby is coming so soooooooon!!! still hoping for joint birthdays for me and little guy!

Janelle said...

I agree with Sarah - little J is indeed coming out! I just want to give you a big baby bump to baby bump hug right now! So excited for you and Matt to meet this little guy! Time to start walking a lot if you're getting impatient. Or, kick your feet up on the couch and watch the six-hour A&E/BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Don't forget the massive bowl of ice cream. Love you!!