Monday, April 12, 2010

because it's fun and it's what you do...




a paraphrased conversation while coloring easter eggs...
matt: why are you coloring eggs?
me: because it's what you do.
matt: why? seems kind of pointless.
me: it's fun.
matt: it's fun?
me: yes, it's fun.
matt: for a seven month old?
me: yes. and as he gets older it will be even more fun. didn't you ever color easter eggs?
matt: no. not that i remember. seems kind of stupid.
me: i'm very sad for you.
matt: you still haven't answered my question.
me: i'm coloring easter eggs because it's fun and it's what you do...and you're ruining it!!!
and THEN he finally got into the spirit...as much as matt miller gets into the spirit of anything...
party pooper.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

hehe....love it. I don't much like coloring eggs either. only if my kids whine and beg me a lot, and then only to get them off my back. you're a good Mommy.